Sunday 23 October 2011

shigeru miyamoto

So it's been over a week since I posted last, and I honestly have no excuses. I finished uni and have hardly been working, I've just been lazy. And I don't think there's anyway to beat it. I blame Shigeru Miyamoto. Miyamoto created the Mario series, the Zelda series, the Donkey Kong series, the Star Fox series and the Pikmin series. What a pain in the ass for people like me who already struggle to find motivation. But I love him so much. He's such a charmer, look at him and tell me you think he's a bad guy. I've spent the majority of my life playing games that he's created. Every one of his games is so well crafted, and full of the most imaginative worlds, you cant help but idolise him.

I know that sounds super geeky, but the amount of effort this man puts into his games is ridiculous. He creates a whole universe and leaves no character bland, and rewards the old fans with character revivals in every game. He also cross references other games in his games. Mario references in Zelda games, Pikmin in Mario games. Over half the Smash Bros. roster are filled with characters he created!
Pikmin! His latest creation

He's a pretty cool dude, and I know you've all played Mario at least once in your life so appreciate him!

No comments:

Post a Comment