Monday 3 October 2011

when it was easy

I have an excellent imagination. I don't mean to sound cocky - to be honest I don't even know if you can be cocky about an imagination - but mine is up there with the best. Ok, that does sound cocky, let me rephrase. When I was a kid (I still am a kid, but when I had no hair on my chest) everyone wanted to play with me. I had Street Shark toys, a tonne of LEGO (that's not a hyperbole, it was so close to being a tonne) and best of all, enough Matchbox tracks to make a highway from my Melbourne home to Sydney (that one is a hyperbole). But it wasn't about the sheer number of toys, it was about how well I could use them. I made up intricate plots, with each toy having their own personality. Don't sue me for defamatory remarks Disney/Pixar, but my playing abilities with Street Sharks and Dragonball Z toys were better than Andy with Woody and Buzz.

My very first Street Shark! Pull
his arm to make him bite.
This went on for a long time, but slowly, without me realising, everyone else started to grow up. Soon all the kids at my school were playing with Gameboy's and talking to girls. I refused to believe that no one would play with me, and for a few years I became a bit of a loser (I'm out of the woods now, don't you worry). After a big emotional struggle (blah blah), I soon ditched the toys and got myself a Gameboy - I'm not complaining about that. Since then, however, I'd like to think that I've kept my imagination intact, and I'd like to tell you how. I'd also like to show you work of professionals and friends to get your creative juices flowing! If you don't think I sound to cocky that is...

No comments:

Post a Comment